Saturday, January 21, 2017

Someone to Make You Better

I had another successful day yesterday. As many of you struggling with some sort of bad habit, or addiction have found that if you keep yourself busy that is when you are able to overcome temptations most. So, I have been able to keep myself busy these last few days, and it is really helping me keep my mind on appropriate thoughts, and keep myself clean from anything that I shouldn't be doing.
      Have you guys ever met someone who just makes you want to be a better person? I have, and having an example like that really helps me think twice about my actions. Yesterday, I was at work, and I met a co-worker who is really pretty, really nice, and active in the gospel. So I decided to ask her on a date, and she said yes! So we are going to go out tonight, and I'm really excited. In the past I have been really afraid of getting into a relationship because I knew what pornography could do to it. But now, as I am kicking this habit to the curb, I have started to see girls differently, I see them as a daughter of God, and I desire a Godly relationship with them. I feel that being in a relationship where we are both trying to get back to our Heavenly Father can help me overcome this trial that I have. Obviously this is just going to be the first date, but you never know where it could lead!
     I hope that I can find more people in my life that make me want to be better, and I also desire to be someone who makes others want to be better. That will be the goal for this next week!

till next time!

-- Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment